I LOVE things that make you think about building character. The following is a call to action for those who feel the same. I got it in an email from a good friend and it suggested that I, “forward this to everyone you care about” but I don’t do that kind of thing so the best I can do is share it here [of course, I added my 2cents – #38]:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously.. No one else does
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime
23. Smile and laugh more
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…
25. Call your family often
26. Each day give something good to others
27. Forgive everyone for everything
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day
30. What other people think of you is none of your business
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful
34. GOD heals everything
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change…
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
37. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
38. Instead of asking yourself, “What makes me happy?”, ask yourself, “What can I do that will excite me?”